Learn about VXSuite plus Skype for Business
VXSuite plus Skype for Business is a cloud-based enterprise-ready unified communications tool based on the Microsoft® Skype for Business® 2013 platform that connects people everywhere on a multitude of devices as part of their everyday productivity experience. VXSuite plus Skype for Business provides a consistent, single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video and meetings. VXSuite plus Skype for Business supports multiparty HD video conferencing, modern “touch first” capabilities for fast and natural communications, and work anywhere scenarios that do not require a VPN for encryption.
VXSuite plus Skype for Business users can connect to anyone on Skype, enabling rich communication with hundreds of millions of people around the world. With the VXSuite plus Skype for Business monitoring and reporting package, users have web-based analytics to predict or determine Quality of Experience, user productivity, network availability and bandwidth consumption.
VXSuite plus Skype for Business Features
- Stay in touch anywhere
- Use the device you want
- Communicate in the right way
- Connect with the outside world
- Take advantage of standards-based HD video
- Make virtual meetings more effective
- Easily join meetings
- Extend VXSuite plus Skype for Business Meetings outside your organization with browser-based access.
- Take notes in OneNote
- Understand your technology environment
- Optimize your technology performance
- Deliver a better user experience
- VXSuite plus Skype for Business Across Devices
VXSuite plus Skype for Business provides a familiar and consistent user experience across a variety of devices. Using VXSuite plus Skype for Business, users can transition among PC, smartphones, tablets, phones and room systems with ease. VXSuite plus Skype for Business provides the tools to manage and secure communications across these devices while providing users with a communications and collaboration experience that makes sense for their devices, platforms and user scenarios.
- Mobile clients are available for Windows Phone, iOS, and Android phones.
- VXSuite plus Skype for Business Web App allows PC and Mac users to join a VXSuite plus Skype for Business Meeting from within an HTML5-enabled browser
- VXSuite plus Skype for Business delivers a full VXSuite plus Skype for Business Meeting experience, including multiparty HD video, voice over IP, instant messaging, desktop, application, and PowerPoint sharing.
- VXSuite plus Skype for Business Phone Edition can be deployed both for use as Information Worker endpoints and as common area devices supporting conference rooms, public spaces, kiosks and shared work environments.
VXSuite plus Skype for Business connects people, their communications and the applications they use every day – together. Since VXSuite plus Skype for Business integrates with Microsoft applications, such as Outlook, SharePoint, and OneNote, users do not have to leave their current application when they want to communicate with others. VXSuite plus Skype for Business helps make communication and collaboration natural and less complex, which helps breaks down communication boundaries.
- Presence display availability, willingness to communicate, and how the user can be contacted.
- Identify when the right time to communicate based on status.
- Utilize the contact list for all types of communication, including instant messaging, voice, or video communication.
- Send instant messages to each other in real-time using the instant messaging
- Federation – Connect with the Outside World with VXSuite plus Skype for Business, Skype, and others on public IM networks, such as MSN®, Windows Live™, Yahoo!, and AOL.
VXSuite plus Skype for Business Meetings
Conferencing does not need to be complex. VXSuite plus Skype for Business Meetings bring together traditionally separate components of desktop video, audio conferencing, web conferencing, content sharing, and room based video conferencing solutions into a single, unified experience.
- Audio conferencing using Office Outlook or Outlook Web App.
- Easy scheduling with PSTN dial in information and a join URL.
- Share other programs or the entire desktop.
- Share a whiteboard, initiate a poll to attendees and attach documents for attendees to view or download.
- Incorporates peer-to-peer and multiparty video into the unified client.
Enterprise voice capabilities
VXSuite plus Skype for Business provides enterprise voice capabilities that can enhance or replace traditional PBX systems. These capabilities include common calling features such as answer, forward, transfer, hold, divert, release, and park, support for analog devices and a broad range of both IP and USB user devices from partners. Users can access these features over the Internet without using a VPN connection.
- Forward calls to another number, person, or to voicemail
- Simultaneously ring an additional PSTN number or user.
- Ring out to a pick-up group for anyone to answer using Team Calling.
- Specify a delegate to receive and initiate calls on their behalf.
- Redirect calls not answered in a specified time to another number, contact, or voicemail
- Easily switch between devices.
- Transfer calls to another user or device with or without talking to the caller.
- VXSuite plus Skype for Business integrates with the unified messaging features in Microsoft Exchange.
Interoperability with existing telephony infrastructure
VXSuite plus Skype for Business uses industry standards and published interfaces to interoperate with existing infrastructure and includes the capability to utilize PSTN gateways, Session Border Controllers, IP-PBXs and SIP Trunking from qualified IP telephony service providers for interconnection with the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). This allows companies to migrate users to VXSuite plus Skype for Business over time while maximizing return on existing investments and minimizing disruption.
- Rich Presence, IM (1:1 and multiparty), Microsoft Office interoperability
- Public Cloud IM/P federation with Windows live
- Skype Connectivity
- Persistent Chat
- Skype for Business to Skype for Business Calling (voice and HD video, 1:1)
- Skill Search (requires SharePoint Server)
- Desktop, Application, and Whiteboard Sharing
- Multiparty (3+) Audio/Video/Content Sharing (Scheduled and Ad hoc)
- Meeting Controls (Organizer, Lobby Experience, Join From)
- Enhanced In-meeting Note Taking with OneNote Sharing
- Skype for Business Audio Conferencing
- Interoperability with 3rd Party Audio Conferencing Providers
- Skype for Business Multi-party Video
- Enterprise Voice Functionality (Incl. Malicious Call Trace, E911, Call Park)
- Skype for Business Mobile Clients
- Skype for Business Web App
- VXPulse Network Monitoring for Quality of Service
- VXTracker Call Reporting