A June 2015 T3i Group Market Intelligence report analyzed the implementation plans of more than 300 Enterprises and SMBs and concluded that Microsoft Lync (Skype for Business) should be recognized as a significant risk to incumbent IP-PBX vendors.
Currently, 77% of U.S. Enterprises, companies with 500+ employees, were either conducting or had completed trials of Microsoft Skype for Business.
That was a up from 72% of U.S. Enterprises that were in that position a year ago and almost double the 42% from the 2013 study. Only three percent of the Enterprises indicated they had no plans to trial S4B. What this means is that Skype for Business is a major player in the market and is here to stay.
So what is your Skype for Business (Lync) strategy? Are you considering it for IM, Presence, Video or Enterprise Voice (EV)?
When the decision-makers who were currently deploying it or planning to deploy it were asked to rank the top reasons for that decision. The top reasons were:
- Total cost of ownership (TCO) is lower than PBX based solutions.
- We have already adopted Microsoft Lync (S4B) for IM and Presence.
- We have already adopted Microsoft Lync (S4B) for Web and Audio Conferencing.
- Ease of implementation and telephony system.
- Lync Enterprise Voice has all the voice functionality we need.
Skype for Business is changing unified communications. It is here to stay and wise Communication Managers are looking at how it fits in their organizations.
Not sure what it does? Here are some Microsoft produced videos to answer the question, “What does Skype for Business do?” There’s a series of them and they walk through the product set. Once you get how cool it is and what a game-changer it can be, you need to figure out where to start.
Looking for an answer to, “What’s the difference between Skype, Skype for Business and Lync?” Watch our panel discussion video to find out.
Are you looking for a hosted Skype for Business offering? Thinking of firing up your own servers for an on-premises solution? VXSuite plus Skype for Business offers hosted Skype for Business for your organization.
The Right Tools + The Right People = Lync Project Success!
VXSWAT is team of Lync experts who will help with any and all aspects of your Lync implementation.
- Need help figuring out where to start? We can help with that.
- Need to digest a report from Microsoft or another vendor? We can help with that.
- Started an implementation and run into problems? We can help with that.
Check out why Byron Spurlock, VXSWAT Team Lead and Microsoft Lync Expert uses VXSuite for every Lync implementation.